Certified Irrigation Technician (CIT) Program
The IIABC offers a two level Certified Irrigation Technician Program for IIABC Members who want to gain skills and certification in the installation and maintenance of irrigation systems. These courses may also be taken by non-members just wanting the training without the certification. If you do not see the course you are looking for offered, with a date, please email us and asked to be added to the wait list for the course of your choice. Provide your full name, company name (if applicable), your phone number and the name of the course(s) you want to be notified about. Our email address is in the link above or email@example.com.
Only IIABC Members may write exams and become IIABC Certified in any of the IIABC's Certification disciplines.
To become an IIABC Certified Irrigation Technician a course must be taken and exam passed, beginning with CIT-Level 1. The passing grade is 75% or higher.
- CIT- Level 1 Certification requires a one-day IIABC CIT-1 course and passing a written exam.
- CIT - level 2 Landscape Certification requires a two-day IIABC CIT-2 Landscape course and passing a written exam.
- CIT- Agriculture Certification requires a two day CIT - Agriculture course and passing a written exam. (no pre-requisite)
A. Current Course Costs (costs may change depending on community partnerships):
IIABC Member Rate
CIT-1 One day course cost: $ 240.00 + GST
CIT-2 Landscape Two day course cost: $ 330.00 + GST
CIT-2 Agriculture Two day course cost: $ 330.00 + GST
Non Member Rate
See current pricing on course registration forms.
B. Exam Costs:
- CIT - Level 1 Certification Exam Fee: $150.00
- CIT - Level 2 Certification Exam Fee: $150.00
- CIT Exam Re-write fee: $100.00